Friday, March 2, 2012

Moving to France: Mon seul voyage à Paris


















A cote du Pompidou. Close to the Pompidou, my favorite art museum in Paris.



My frist meal in Paris. 
Coming to Paris completely alone is both exhilarating and isolating. 
I am fiercely indépendant and savor my moments alone, but Paris is a city you want to experience with others. It's complex and beautiful; I've been walking aimlessly many times through the streets of the different arrondissements and just come across an amazingly beautiful church, a quite park, or some famous landmark that I didn't know was there...it's nice to experience that giddiness with someone. I know that not many people get to (or want to) spend time in Paris alone, so I think I've got a bit of a different perspective. My first days in France were spent alone, then I was with others almost 24/7 for months, then I got snowed in to Charles De Gaulle Airport for a week on my way out...so I left alone too. More on this story in later posts. There are many things to show you in between!











Le Louvre 













Looking down the Champs Elysees from The Louvre

No comments: