Sunday, April 1, 2012

Transparency and Reflection Experimentation











When I was attending Pont Aven School of Contemporary Art, I began to experiment with the idea of natural image layering using reflections and transparent media like glass. All of these images are naturally occurring; I haven't altered any of these in post. 

Disturbing the notion of inside and outside integrates and confounds temporal distinction. I found that you can observe people and be observed more discretely. I caught a couple people watching me photograph, it was interesting because I was photographing them and they thought that they were watching me unnoticed.  

As a photographer, sometimes you feel like a voyeur; it sort of turned the tables on me a bit.

I continued to work with transparencies once I returned to the states, and I've posted some of the image transfers that I did on my Conceptual Work page. 

No comments: